Monsanto Military Veteran Electrical and Instrumentation Maintenance Engineer in MUSCATINE, Iowa
At Monsanto, helping military veterans transition from deployment to employment is a top priority. Our mission is to help our nation’s veterans build their corporate careers. We want innovative leaders who can think big, readily accept challenges, and deliver results on behalf of our customers. We acknowledge that these traits comprise the very core of the men and women who have served our country.
Monsanto is a company that thrives on integrity, service, teamwork and commitment. As part of our efforts to support all our veterans, Monsanto is committed to recruiting veterans who share our values in producing more, conserving more, and improving lives around the world. Our Veteran Heroes In Ag program was created to identify positions and skills to attract, hire and retain this quality talent to further improve our diverse and talented workforce.
This program is a guide to transition with world class mentorship and development training from a global Fortune 500 company. The Heroes in Ag program will include additional training, mentorship, resources for transition, and opportunities to access leadership.
Electrical & Instrumentation Maintenance Engineer
Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Muscatine, Iowa plant as an Electrical and Instrumentation Maintenance Engineer. The plant is located south of Muscatine along the Mississippi River and manufactures a wide variety of crop protection products, including Roundup®, the world's best-selling herbicide. We are creative and committed, and believe that these values allow us to best serve our customers and employees. Monsanto–Muscatine has steadily adapted over the last 50+ years to meet the needs of an increasing agricultural chemical market. The demonstrated flexibility and proven capabilities of the site and its workforce make this a key manufacturing location for Monsanto.
The person in this role will providing electrical engineering support for plant wide manufacturing units, as well as technical support to troubleshoot and solve problems impacting equipment reliability.
• Troubleshoot electrical, instrumentation and control system maintenance issues and complete appropriate documentation. Eliminate chronic electrical, instrumentation and control system issues and increase reliability of equipment
• Drive best practices and value-added cost control for electrical components of process operations and the maintenance of the components
• Together with process and mechanical engineers, develop scopes defining improvement projects (safety, yields, capacity, quality, reliability and cost improvement), including alternatives and cost-benefit analysis, as needed
• Specify instruments (flow, pressure, temperature, etc.), control devices, motors, and other electrical components
• Review and evaluate vendor information for instrumentation and electrical components and determine suitability for specific project applications
• Prepare maintenance plans for restoring equipment to operating condition in a minimum amount of time, balancing repair cost and minimizing future failures
• Create and modify documentation related to process operation, safety, and applicable environmental regulations, as needed – including electrical drawings and engineering flow diagrams/P&ID diagrams
• Mentor and train other engineers and technicians
• Comply with plant safety rules and actively work to improve safety through coaching or engineered improvements.
• B.S. Electrical Engineering (Will consider a Spring or December 2018 Graduate)
• Ability to work well in a team environment and inclusive culture
• Excellent problem-solving skills and a high degree of personal initiative
• Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment – as a professional or co-op/intern
• In-depth knowledge of National Electric Code (NEC) and electrical and instrument system design
• In-depth knowledge of PLC and DCS system design, programming, and troubleshooting
• Understanding of environmental and safety issues
• Strong written and oral communication skills
Description of Specific Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Position is in a manufacturing environment and requires the ability to ascend and descend stairs on a regular basis. Position also requires the ability to access all areas of the plant to monitor maintenance & project execution, and to identify future needs. Use of a Full-Face Respirator required for work with materials, if applicable. Troubleshooting will infrequently require the employee to lift items weighing up to 50lbs. After-hours support of critical needs is expected. Limited amounts of travel are expected to visit vendors, warehouse sites, corporate offices, other manufacturing sites, and personal development classes.
Who is Monsanto?
Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas. We’re always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Why work with us?
• Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment.
• Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
• You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization.
• We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry.
• Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world.
• Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference!
Organization: US SC CP Muscatine Plant51012008_
Title: Military Veteran Electrical and Instrumentation Maintenance Engineer
Location: North America-USA-Iowa-Muscatine
Requisition ID: 01QFB
Job: Chemical Manufacturing
At Monsanto, we value a diverse combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please for further assistance.access our disability accommodations process
U.S. Employment Law (applicable for U.S. jobs ONLY): EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. For information about equal employment opportunity rights, please refer to this information from the U.S. federal government: ; .
EEOC PosterEEOC Supplement