Van Gorp Corporation Design Technician in Pella, Iowa
This position will create, update and modify prints for customers through SolidWorks. This position will also design and quote products. In addition, this position will assist with quotations for the engineering team.
· Design products to meet all the requirements.
· Understand and respond to customer requests, both verbal and written.
· Assist drafting, the test lab, manufacturing, quality, and planning as required.
· Handle all changes and problems related to product design.
· Design, update and modify drawings of Van Gorp Corporation products for stock and special products.
· Maintain complete, readily accessible files and records.
· Provides non-routine product application assistance.
· Manages projects, coordinating efforts between other departments. Keeps these projects on schedule.
· Makes design layouts to determine overall concepts.
· Prepares technical documents.
· Addresses product liability situations.
· Originates and implements cost reductions.
· Act as technical expert for the company for both internal and external customers.
· Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
· Adhere to ISO 9001 Standards
· Follow company Ethics and Environmental Programs.
· Follow State and Federal Environmental Compliance Programs.
· Knowledge of CAD principles, practices, methods and techniques, and general engineering principles.
· Ability to read, interpret, and use applicable standards and customer supplied documentation.
· Ability to demonstrate proficiency in both oral and written communication read and interprets drawings and prepares drawings from data supplied by engineering.
· Must be able to operate computer using standard drafting software packages, preferably SolidWorks.
· Associates’ degree or completion of a technical trade school in CAD, drafting or related field, plus at least three years of related work experience; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
· Experience on the job required to learn product line, procedures and systems.
· High degree of self-motivation. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
We are proud to offer you:
Group Medical Insurance
Supplemental Life Insurance