VERMEER MANUFACTURING COMPANY Project Engineer - Electrical in PELLA, Iowa
Who We Are
Vermeer equips customers doing important work around the world. We are global, driven by innovation and growing. The equipment we make manages natural resources, connects people and feeds and fuels communities. We live out a caring culture, we demonstrate agility, we keep a focus on customers and are stewards of our resources. These beliefs drive our culture, determine how we treat others and steer our business.
1 - First Shift
The Project Engineer - Electrical leads an electrical design team to innovate and provide cost-effective and on-time electrical and electronic control solutions to meet customer needs. This position leads electrical/electronic engineering projects, team development, and continuous improvement of electrical/electronic design methods, practices, and standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Lead by exhibiting the Vermeer characteristics of caring culture, demonstrating agility, customer focused and stewardship while modeling the associated behaviors. Supervise, organize, mentor and coach assigned team members in performance of their duties while influencing others to carry the Vermeer culture forward. Establish and monitor individual and team goals which are aligned with the organization\'s strategies and objectives to drive key business results. Use expertise to ensure department is serving its internal and external customers and meeting defined expectations.
2. Lead an electrical design team in planning, architecture, designing, quoting, procurement and verification of electrical and electronic physical system.
3. Lead continuous improvement activities regarding electrical and electronic development methods, practices, and standards.
4. Develop metrics and dashboards to transparently lead a EE design team in delivering on-time, high quality and defect free embedded harnesses and electrical components.
5. Establish electrical system development plan by identifying assumptions and the size and scope of project change at the beginning of project.
6. Promote a healthy development culture that empowers electrical teams to deliver incremental value with high quality while continuously improving design and development practices.
7. Maintain and organize electrical bill of materials, electrical schematics and physical prints with a strong change control processes and variation management.
8. Ensure virtual and physical tests are planned and executed as part of all electrical / electronic part release.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor\'s degree in Electrical Engineering or related engineering field with a minimum of 5 years previous job experience and/or training; and/or combination of equivalent education and experience is required.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Demonstration of good project management skills including good verbal and written communication skills.
- Deep knowledge of electrical design and product design life cycle including designing for alternator/batterying sizing, emc, environmental, manufacturing and service requirements.
- Experience in achieving goals in the product development process, which include gross margin, cost, reliability, and performance for each particular project to support the strategic goals of the organization.
- Experience in leading effectively with internal and external personnel to manage, design, build and verify electrical electronic systems.
- Experience in mentoring and developing teams designing EE components and harness.
- Experience in effectively leading project development and engineering teams to complete projects on time and within budget.
- Experience in improving electrical system and component, costs, manufacturability, and reliability which is a direct link to the company profitability.
- Experience with Zuken, electrical analysis, 3d harn ss routing in SolidWorks, or other schematic creation and cad tools.
- Excellent electrical troubleshooting utilizing meters, scopes, service and data capture tools and problem-solving skills utilizing methods like 8D, 5 why\'s, fishbone fault trees, and warranty analysis.
Up to 10% domestic and/or international travel by car or plane may be required.
ONSITE: A team member\'s day-to-day work is best done on a Vermeer campus. If work content can be occasionally completed at an offsite location, discuss potential arrangements with your manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Vermeer Corporation, we believe in the value of your unique identity, background, and experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other status protected by the law. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact Team Member Solutions at (641) 621-8767 or at .
Interested? We\'d love to get to know you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.