VERMEER MANUFACTURING COMPANY Project Engineer in PELLA, Iowa
Who We Are
Vermeer equips customers doing important work around the world. We are global, driven by innovation and growing. The equipment we make manages natural resources, connects people and feeds and fuels communities. We live out a caring culture, we demonstrate agility, we keep a focus on customers and are stewards of our resources. These beliefs drive our culture, determine how we treat others and steer our business.
1 - First Shift
The Project Engineer manages design, test, and assists the design team in product development process. This position directs engineering projects and teams as assigned, advises and assists in developing training and serves as a liaison between manufacturing, purchasing, service, and sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Lead by exhibiting the Vermeer characteristics of caring culture, demonstrating agility, customer focused and stewardship while modeling the associated behaviors. Supervise, organize, mentor and coach assigned team members in performance of their duties while influencing others to carry the Vermeer culture forward. Establish and monitor individual and team goals which are aligned with the organization\'s strategies and objectives to drive key business results. Use expertise to ensure department is serving its internal and external customers and meeting defined expectations.
2. Lead product development and design activities through direct contact with design personnel including, but not limited to, designing parts and detail using computer aided simulation programs, ensuring required testing is performed on new and redesigned equipment, interpreting FEA/testing results, etc.
3. Define, develop and lead multiple engineering projects from prototype development through production implementation, including field follow-up.
4. Develop and maintain prioritized task and project lists for direct reports.
5. Educate and train service and sales teams on products to increase product knowledge.
6. Review and approve service, operators, and maintenance and parts manuals to ensure any product changes and updates are captured.
Education and/or Experience
- 4-year college degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Agriculture or Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 4 years\' related experience.
- Or other college degree (2-year or 4-year) with a minimum of 10 years\' related experience.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Demonstration of good project management skills including good verbal and written communication skills.
- Deep knowledge of engineering fundamentals, including continuous improvement and lean, FEA evaluation, stress analysis, hydraulics, electrical systems, design and manufacturing processes.
- Ability to achieve goals in the product development process, which include gross margin, cost, reliability and performance for each particular project to support the strategic goals of the organization.
- Ability to work effectively with all internal and external personnel to manage, design, build, sell, service and operate machines.
- Ability to integrate systems and components to meet machine performance, costs, manufacturability and reliability which is a direct link to the Company profitability.
- Ability to provide informative and professional assistance when working with the public/customers and co-workers and maintain positive interpersonal relationships which encourage openness.
- Ability to effectively manage project development and engineering teams to complete projects on time and within budget.
- Ability to proficiently operate agricultural tractor, shop hand tools, portable power units and other applicable machines.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
Fundamentals of Engineering Examination and PE preferred.
Up to 25% domestic and/or international travel by car r plane may be required.
ONSITE: A team member\'s day-to-day work is best done on a Vermeer campus. If work content can be occasionally completed at an offsite location, discuss potential arrangements with your manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Vermeer Corporation, we believe in the value of your unique identity, background, and experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other status protected by the law. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact Team Member Solutions at (641) 621-8767 or at .
Interested? We\'d love to get to know you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.