CDM Smith Electrical Engineer 4(Remote Option) in Sioux City, Iowa
* We are open to having this opening be based at any of our CDM Smith offices located in the United States. We are also considering partial or full remote schedules for this position. Ideal city locations include, Denver, Pittsburg, Chicago, Dallas, or Boston.*
Do you want to work on design and construction projects that impact the world? Our employees have the opportunity to delve into many aspects of electrical engineering, including the design of complex power systems, feasibility studies, observation and construction services, power system analyses, etc. CDM Smith wants to match you up with the projects that inspire you. You will collaborate on challenging and meaningful work that will have a positive impact on the community and makes a difference in the world while applying innovative, state-of-the-art software and programs. The electrical discipline supports a wide variety of projects including but not limited to: water treatment, water pumping, power generation, cogeneration, EV charging, solar photovoltaics, wind power, energy storage and energy efficiency upgrades.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Performing limited AutoCAD/Revit tasks for electrical design drawings.
• Performing technical electrical calculations for electrical systems
• Performing design tasks including power distribution, lighting layouts, communications, fire alarm, and security systems.
• Developing the electrical plans and specifications for small to medium sized and complex projects with minimal supervision.
• Performing site investigations to confirm and/or identify existing conditions for use in developing electrical design.
• Coordinating with the client, utilities, fire marshal or code enforcement officers.
• Reviewing shop drawings and assist with general construction services.
• Performing short circuit, coordination and arc flash studies using power analysis software.
• Assisting in the development of project scope and budget as input for proposals.
• Ability to select and specify various electrical system components including motor control centers, switchgear, transformers, etc.
• Determine code require working clearances around electrical equipment.
• Assist senior staff in the development of the Engineer’s opinion of probable construction cost estimates
• Assist senior staff in the development of sales proposals.
• Attend client meetings for the purpose of defining the project scope during a proposal phase and review design development documents during project execution.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power Point)
• Proficiency with SKM Power*Tools or other electrical system analysis software is preferred
• Proficiency with Autodtesk Revit and Autocad is preferred.
• Proficiency with Visual Lighting or Elumtools is preferred.
Electrical Engineer 4(Remote Option)
Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering, or Electrical Technology or related discipline. Certification as an Engineer in Training (EIT) or passing the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam in states where an EIT is not obtainable (within 18 months of hire or promotion or transfer). 5 years of related experience. Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands. Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
Expert Knowledge of computer assisted design and drafting (CADD) 3D and 4D software and practices. Expert Knowledge of engineer principles of design. Expert Knowledge of Microsoft business software (excel, word, etc.). Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
All bonuses at CDM Smith are discretionary and may or may not apply to this position.
- CDM Smith Jobs