Aventure Staffing Area Manager in Storm Lake, Iowa
Area Manager | $40,000-$55,000 DOE
Hours: As the Area Manager, you will be responsible for managing your hours to accomplish your primary responsibilities as well as taking overnight and weekend "on call" shift one week per month. You will be required to respond to emergencies in a timely manner.
An emergency restoration and recovery company located in Storm Lake, IA is hiring a full-time Area Manager. The Area Manager manages and directs emergency and disaster restoration/recovery services in residential and commercial customer sites. As the Area Manager, you will lead the day-to-day operations and supervision of production workers and office staff. Expectations for the Area Manager are to grow revenue, control costs, and increase profitability of business operations, all while exemplifying excellent customer service on all projects.
• Manages the business operations with goal to grow revenue, control costs, and improve profitability.
• Manages projects, production crews, and schedules throughout the project.
• Provides estimates and invoices for loss and restoration/remediation services to customers and collection of past dues.
• Builds a professional relationships with adjusters, agents, and customers.
• Interviews, hires, evaluates performance, and administers disciplinary actions for production workers and office staff.
• Takes overnight and weekend “on call” shift one week per month and responds to emergencies in timely manner.
Restoration/Remediation and Cleaning
• Detects the source of any problem and extent of damage to property including moisture content, smoke damage, and/or presence of mold.
• Assesses damage to walls, ceiling, cabinets, other structural damage, carpeting, other flooring, personal belongings, furniture, window coverings, and other property. Determines whether property is salvageable or not.
• Formulates plan for restoration, estimates billable charges, and consults with customer to secure approval to proceed.
• Duties may include water extraction, pack-out of contents, removing/disposing of non-salvageable materials, light demolition and construction, deodorizing space and contents, treatment of surfaces, carpet cleaning and general cleaning.
• Properly sets up and removes air movers and/or dehumidifiers and monitors water losses.
• Completes inspections of the site for progress and completion and maintains appropriate documentation.
• Adheres to all safety rules and precautions to ensure employee and customer safety.
Excellent Customer Service
• Meets and exceeds customer and insurance agent expectations and completes projects on time.
• Answers customer and insurance representative questions and addresses concerns.
• Maintains communication and provides project status to customer and insurance representative throughout the project.
• Escalates unresolved customer and insurance representative issues/problems or property damage to Management for resolution.
• Renews certifications in a timely manner; avoiding lapse in certification.
• Understands of the use of cleaning products and equipment required to complete a project.
• Completes training as requested to learn new knowledge and skills.
• Implements new training in work projects successfully.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• High School diploma or GED required. Associates degree desired.
• People and project management experience.
• Knowledge in water and fire restoration, mold remediation, and carpet and general cleaning techniques and procedures preferred. Certifications in these areas is a plus.
• Ability to sketch physical space, take measurements, and calculate billable charges
• Dependable and flexible to meet scheduling needs and to be responsive to emergency/disaster services outside of normal business hours or in other locations.
Benefits & Pay:
SIMPLE IRA with 4% company match
Access to company health, vision, and/or dental programs with company paying 70% of "employee only" rate
Verizon cell phone plan discounts
PTO 1-weeks /year initial
Free annual carpet cleaning
For more information, call or stop by our office today! If you’ve applied to Aventure before, simply give us a call to put your name in for this position. Our job is to get YOU hired (and it's free!)
221 East Main Street | Cherokee, IA | (712) 221-3272
Aventure Staffing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. A drug screen and background may be required.