Global Technology Associates Project Manager – ION Team in Urbandale, Iowa
GTA is a leading independent provider of high-value engineering, technology and business consulting services to the telecommunications industry. The company is based in Reston, VA and has presence throughout the US and Internationally.
- Ensure that the project is delivered within the approved budget and profitability forecast. Manage the cost to complete and cost to control.
- Implement profitability improvement functions
- Anticipate risk and evaluate related financial and customer satisfaction impacts
- Set up corrective action plan and manage risk mitigations
- Respond to scope creep by immediately escalating modifications to project scope
- Create and manage Change management logs/trackers
- Act as the key customer interface to the Customer for all project related business issues
- Identify business opportunities
- Manage project, implement, corrective and improvement actions.
- Manage the life of the project in the PBM Suite tool
- Create communication plans both internally and externally as required by customer and internal stakeholders
- General knowledge of IP/MPLS networks and Nokia routers (7750/7705)
- Familiarity with PBM Suite Tools and Microsoft Project
- PMP Certified and Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) Guide published periodically by the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Up to 3years of Project Management in a telecommunication environment
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with globally distributed teams in different time zones
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects with contributions and deliverables from internal groups, e.g. delivery teams, supply chain, X-BG’s (MN, GS, A&A), procurement as well as from external partners and vendors
- Qualifications: and Additional Assets:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
Additional Position Requirements:
A background investigation and drug test is required.
_Global Technology Associates, LLC (GTA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V _
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.
Location: Urbandale, IA
Job Code: 1808
# of Openings: 1