The Raymond Corporation Electrical Engineer - Muscatine, IA in United States
This opening is for an experienced electrical product engineer with an emphasis in automation. The candidate will perform general troubleshooting, design updates, software updates, and design development for automated fork lift trucks as well as non-automated fork lift trucks.
Performs routine and complex engineering work requiring application of recognized techniques and procedures. Assignments include higher-level engineering work and some project management for projects. Works under limited supervision of supervisor or senior engineering staff member. Supervisor may screen assignments for unusual complexities and selects non-routine techniques and procedures to be applied.
- Engineering analysis and/or design of various basic to complex vehicle systems utilizing traditional engineering techniques such as design, analysis, calculation, test and evaluation.
- Responsible for the completion of assigned projects within area(s) of specialization.
- Receives general instruction on assignment objectives, complex features, and possible solutions. Works independently to make adaptations and modifications.
- The employee keeps the supervisor informed of progress, changes, priorities, and project cost/schedule status.
- Uses established procedures and works under minimal supervision to perform assigned tasks.
- Must have experience as a technical project leader
- Must have experience with software
- Must have strong planning and organization skills as well as effective oral and written communication skills
- Design experience related to automated assemblies and industrial vehicle electrical systems preferred.
- Work will consist of both routine and somewhat more difficult assignments, which require independent evaluation, original thinking, or ingenuity.
- Work will also be varied and may be somewhat difficult in character.
- Provides technical information to others and may have limited responsibility for direction of others