TURNER CONSTRUCTION COMPANY Regional Director, Construction Risk Management - Central and West Regions in West Des Moines, Iowa
Division: Stratus Risk Management Project Location(s): Chicago, IL 60601 USA Minimum Years Experience: 10 Travel Involved: 50-60% Job Type: Regular Job Classification: Experienced Education: Bachelors Degree Job Family: Insurance and Claims Compensation: Salaried Exempt
Stratus Risk Associates,\ formerly Turner Construction\'s risk management team, provides customized\ risk solutions and claim services. Armed with vast knowledge and\ experience this new organization is ready to innovate and disrupt the\ insurance, claim and risk industries.
Location: This position is hybrid with travel. Can work from any office in the central and west area of the US, with travel to various central, mid-west, northwest, and west coast areas.
Position Description: Oversee construction risk services and provide guidance and advocacy for implementation of clients\'\ preferred insurance programs and settlements of insurable claims within\ assigned region - Central and West regions (Chicago to west coast). Manage regional team of insurance and claim professionals. Ideal candidate has construction insurance, claims, and/or risk management experience. Ideal candidate has extensive knowledge in construction risk management, claims, and/or insurance. Essential Duties and Key\ Responsibilities:
- Lead development of Premium Plan targets for assigned region; accountable to manage and achieve established targets.
- Develop, implement, and monitor Claim Administration program for clients within assigned region. Interface with clients\' legal, finance, and operations management, and insurance carriers and brokers to provide guidance and advocacy for implementing preferred insurance programs and settlement of insurable claims.
- Collaborate with clients\' legal department in relation to contract review, business risk advice, benchmarking advice against identified industry standards.
- Oversee regional insurance and claims staff and serve as escalation point for high profile and unique risk matters.
- Monitor and identify improvement opportunities of insurance placement and claim settlement for clients in line with established accountability model.
- Oversee business development proposals for client pursuits across assigned region to support insurance placement.
- Contribute and implement crisis protocols within assigned region, supporting people, clients, and projects.
- Manage projects within assigned region to adhere to claims and reporting protocols.
- Review and approve carrier reserve and settlement authority; resolve claims up to settlement authority.
- Oversee periodic claim review meetings with clients, insurance carriers and brokers.
- Organize, review, and analyze regional claims data in support of business unit and client requests, and annual insurance program renewals.
- Engage clients and brokers to manage requirements for non-standard insurance placements.
- Research risk management trends and provide clients with suitable risk transfer options, as appropriate.
- Act as subject matter expert and collaborate with in-house business partners and marketing to develop and deliver material to support implementation of company and/or client\'s preferred insurance programs.
- Participate in company-wide projects related to risk management, safety, and crisis management.
- Participate in industry events, represent company and set standards as industry leader.
- Manage regional team and risk management budget.
- Deliver timely performance feedback for team and execute and contribute to performance appraisals during annual performance cycle.
- Other activities, duties, and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor\'s degree in Insurance, Risk Management, Finance, Business Administration, or similar program, with minimum of 10 years of experience in insurance or risk manage ent or claims, with emphasis on construction; or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
Broker, Insurance Consultant, or Public Adjuster license required, valid JD with law license desired
Risk management CPCU, ARM or similar insurance designation, preferred
Construction industry risk management experience, desired
Firm understanding of contracts and insurance documents
Align complex business needs with insurance market trends
Demonstrate executive level negotiation and influencing skills
Build engaging partnerships with team and organizational stakeholders through trust, teamwork, and direct communication
Executive level presentation skills, anticipate needs of technical and non-technical audiences, and tailor communications appropriately
Advanced project leadership skills, able to manage concurrent complex projects and tasks successfully to completion
Highly analytical problem-solving skills, adept at processing and breaking down data into actionable information
Leader with organizational management skills, capable of directing, managing, and developing regional teams
Proficient computer skills, Microsoft suite of applications, MS Outlook, and insurance-based risk management information systems
Regular travel required: travel modes include air, train, vehicle, and international travel as needed. Physical Demands: The\ physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by\ an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.\ Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to\ perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the\ employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel\ objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands, talk, and hear. The employee\ frequently views a computer monitor and frequently uses a computer keyboard.\ Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral\ vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is\ regularly required to be mobile, and the employee regularly travels both short\ and long distances via a variety of conveyances. The employee occasionally\ performs work on-site at construction work sites, office locations, and/or\ off-site venues. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25. Work Environment: The\ work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an\ employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to\ enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While\ performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office or\ remote setting. The noise in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate\ in an office setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may\ occasionally work at construction work sites where the employee is exposed to\ moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles,\ outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The noise in\ the construction work environment is usually moderate to loud. The employee is\ required to work in compliance with company safety policies, procedures